Gear spline shafts induction quenching heat treating equipment
1. Application of high frequency induction quenching machine:
Induction hardening is the use of electromagnetic induction to
generate eddy currents in the workpiece to heat the workpiece.
Detail applications are stated as follows:
1. Quench for various hardware and tools, such as plier, wrench,
hammer, ax, screwing tools and shear (orchard shear).
2.Quench for various automobile and motorcycle fittings, such as
crankshaft, connecting rod, piston pin, chain wheel, aluminum
wheel, valve, rock arm shaft, semi drive shaft, small shaft and
3. Various electric tools, such as gear and axes.
4. Quench for machine tools, such as lathe deck and guide rail.
5. Quench for various hardware metal parts and machined parts, such
as shaft, gear (chain wheel), cam, chuck and clamp etc.
6. Quench for hardware molds, such as small-size mold, mold
accessory and inner hole of mold.
2. Technical Parameter of High Frequency Induction Hardening
Cooling water flow
3. Induction Quenching Hardening Machine Classfication:
The induction hardening types are divided into: power frequency,
low frequency, intermediate frequency, super audio frequency, high
frequency, and ultra high frequency. The suitable frequency is
selected according to the hardening depth. The greater the depth of
the hardened layer, the lower the required frequency, and vice
versa, the higher.
4. How Does Induction Heating Work?:
When a magnetic field changes near a metal or other conductive
object, a flow of current (known as an eddy current) will be
induced in the material and will generate heat. The heat generated
is proportional to the current squared multiplied by the resistance
of the material. The effects of induction are used in transformers
for converting voltages in all sorts of appliances. Most
transformers have a metallic core and will therefore have eddy
currents induced into them when in use. Transformer designers use
different techniques to prevent this as the heating is just wasted
energy. In this project we will directly make use of this heating
effect and try to maximise the heating effect produced by the eddy
Annealing (tempering and modulation):
1. The heat source is on the surface of the workpiece, the heating
speed is fast, and the thermal efficiency is high
2. Because the workpiece is not heated as a whole, the deformation
3. The heating time of the workpiece is short, and the amount of
surface oxidation and decarburization is small
4. The surface hardness of the workpiece is high, the notch
sensitivity is small, and the impact toughness, fatigue strength
and wear resistance are greatly improved. Conducive to exert the
potential of materials, save material consumption, and increase the
service life of parts
5. The equipment is compact, easy to use and good working
6. Facilitate mechanization and automation
7. Not only used in surface quenching, but also in penetration
heating and chemical heat treatment.